President Donald Trump agreed to headline the March dinner of the National Republican Congressional Committee, a GOP official said in Politico.
The event is usually House Republicans' biggest annual fundraiser, and will be held March 20, the report said.
Rep. Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., asked Trump to headline the dinner during a meeting at Camp David earlier in January, Politico reported.
The plan for Trump was announced at a conference of House Republicans Wednesday morning. At the meeting, Republicans discussed the challenges the party faces in the run-up to the 2018 midterm elections, the report said.
On Monday, the committee announced that it had raised $85 million in 2017, a new off-year record, the Washington Examiner reported.
© 2026 Newsmax. All rights reserved.