Celine Dion is back after undergoing ear surgery and to mark her return to the Las Vegas stage, the 50-year-old singer debuted her new single at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace on Tuesday night.
Before belting through the track, “Ashes” from "Deadpool 2," the Grammy award winner told her audiences about her break, which she called "a little health issue," according to People magazine.
"I’m extremely happy to be back," she said. "The stage is kind of my home away from home and I have to admit I can barely stand on my feet tonight as I am a little bit nervous."
Apparently even the most established stars still get butterflies in their stomachs from time to time.
Dion said she certainly did, and worried whether people would still come to her show or whether they would cancel.
That’s why Dion said she was so grateful for her audience, who could have gone to any show in Vegas, but still they chose to see hers.
"Not everyone has the privilege to do what they love in life so thank you for the privilege," she said, according to People.
In March, Dion canceled shows scheduled for the next several weeks in Las Vegas in order to have surgery to correct a middle ear condition that has been affecting her ability to sing for the last 12 to 18 months.
That came after she was forced to cancel seven other concerts earlier in the year on her doctor’s orders after a lingering cold left her with irritated vocal chords.
However, Dion seems to be back in full force and she was looking fighting fit, as could be seen in images on social media of her wearing a hockey jersey on stage.
A source told Entertainment Tonight that Dion has "bounced right back," adding the singer was "a true warrior and is ready for the Vegas stage."
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.