Former President Donald Trump's final White House chief of staff says he'd "put the odds at better than 50-50" that Trump again runs for the highest office in the land.
Mark Meadows, the former Republican congressman who served as Trump's chief of staff from March 2020 through the end of his term, made the prediction during a Wednesday radio interview with Sebastian Gorka, whose "The Gorka Reality Check" debuts Sunday on Newsmax TV.
"I'm feeling great about President Trump's willingness to serve once again in the Oval Office," Meadows said. "I can tell you this, he's making all the preparations necessary. He's being encouraged by his friends and former staffers.
"But, ultimately, what I think you will see is a vision for America that didn't stop on Nov. 3, didn't stop on Jan. 20, and we need to re-engage. So he's getting major encouragement, and I would say this: I would put the odds at better than 50-50 that he runs again, and everybody should take note of that."
But until Trump makes his official return to the political stage, Meadows said his supporters "need to stay in the fight."
"Do not believe that this battle is over," Meadows said. "In fact, if anything, it's ramping up with those that are Republican in name only, the establishment, the swamp's trying to fight back to make sure that they don't remember a President Donald Trump. The fighters that are actually fighting for your values and my values and for 'we the people,' let them hear from you."
Trump remained uncharacteristically quiet for the first six weeks or so after leaving the White House on Jan. 20, but that changed after March 1, when he delivered his much-anticipated, first post-presidential speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference.
Since then, he's been actively endorsing Republican candidates in the 2022 midterms — including primary opponents for his political rivals.
Trump also continues to issue statements about items in the news.
He's reportedly planning his own social media platform after being booted from most of the large apps and, according to advisor Jason Miller, that could happen relatively soon.
"I do think that we're going to see President Trump returning to social media in probably about two or three months here with his own platform," Miller told Fox News in March. "And this is something that I think will be the the hottest ticket in social media. It's going to completely redefine the game and everybody is going to be waiting and watching to see what exactly President Trump does. But it will be his own platform."
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.