Anti-abortion group, the Susan B. Anthony List, is launching a $785,000 ad campaign against Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., over his support of Planned Parenthood, The Hill reported Friday.
The group is planning the new campaign to run on TV and radio, and it posted an ad Friday on YouTube. It hits Manchin for voting to allow federal funding for Planned Parenthood and his votes against legislation to allow pro-life states to defund the abortion-rights organization.
"In West Virginia, we believe in the sanctity of life," the ad's narrator said. "But Sen. Joe Manchin voted to allow federal funding for Planned Parenthood – the largest abortion business in the country."
A statement released by Susan B. Anthony List said that although Manchin "claims to be pro-life," he has "flip-flopped to side with Planned Parenthood." The group claimed Manchin had "caved to pressure from Democratic Party leadership and the abortion lobby to vote in support of Planned Parenthood and said he would do so again."
Manchin faces a tough re-election fight in West Virginia — a state President Donald Trump won handily in 2016, against Republican opponent — West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey. Trump's campaign announced the president's next rally will be Aug. 21 in Charleston in support of Morrisey, The Herald-Dispatch reported Friday.
Ex coal-industry CEO Don Blankenship, who failed in his bid to win the GOP primary race in May, is expected to enter the race as a third-party candidate, CBS News reported late last month.
© 2026 Newsmax. All rights reserved.