President Donald Trump ripped Time on Thursday for implying that "I'm a racist" after the magazine falsely reported that he had removed a bust of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. from the Oval Office last week.
"They're not saying the bust is taken out," Trump told Sean Hannity in an interview to be broadcast Thursday on Fox News, The Hill reports. "What they're saying is I'm a racist.
"That's what they're saying," he added. "That's a very serious charge."
On Friday, Time political reporter Zeke Miller tweeted that King's bust — brought in by former President Barack Obama — had been replaced with Winston Churchill's.
Miller later tweeted that he was wrong and apologized — and Time Managing Editor Nancy Gibbs defended her reporter in a note to readers on Tuesday.
She said that Miller had corrected the error and had apologized to President Trump personally for his mistake.
"The president and White House aides have cited this mistake as an example of 'deliberately false reporting,'" Gibbs wrote. "It was no such thing.
"We regret that the error occurred."
While Time has criticized Trump since beginning his campaign in June 2015, the magazine named the president Time Person of the Year in December.
Trump told Hannity that the award was "a tremendous honor."
© 2026 Newsmax. All rights reserved.