On the cover of latest edition of Time Magazine, President Joe Biden sits securely in office in mirrored Raybans, portrayed as tough, cool, and in control.
The real Biden is just another power-hungry, fear-based, progressive political elitist rapidly sabotaging individual freedom, destroying America’s economy, and weakening U.S. foreign policy. His greater agenda is driven predominantly by a small group of political elites.
It appears progressive Democrats are presently succeeding in their scorched earth approach to governance. Democrats expand their power by using critical race theory, individual vaccination status, climate elitism, and rebranding equal outcome as equity to institute his big government vision.
Biden's fear-based collectivist policies are highly incongruent with what worked well for America pre-Covid. Trump’s America First, patriotic populism brought record low unemployment, better trade relations, more jobs, a strong border, and a strong American military and foreign policy.
The truth is, many Americans, both Left and Right, are regressing out of sheer fatigue due to post-Covid lockdowns, the heightened threat of cancel and consequence culture, and the barrage of constant lies.
American prosperity under Trump has given way to irritating compliance for the next 1,230+ excruciating days until we conservatives can retake control.
In more philosophical Neoplatonic terms, Biden’s arrival has many people huddled in a dimly lit Plato's cave.
Plato's Republic describes a group of people who lived chained inside of a cave all their lives, facing a blank wall. The people watch shadows projected on the wall from objects passing in front of a fire behind them and give names to these shadows. The shadows are the prisoners' reality but are not accurate representations of the real world.
Socrates explains how the philosopher is like a prisoner who is freed from the cave and comes to understand that the shadows on the wall are not reality at all. The philosopher aims to understand and perceive the higher levels of reality. Other inmates of the cave lack the desire to leave their prison, for they know no better life.
For modern cave dwellers, the great fire behind us burns brighter than ever. In front of the fire and behind us wide-eyed citizens is the darkness: a gaslighting mainstream media, an algorithm-driven and repressive big tech, big government, academics touting alternative facts, and ethically bankrupt Hollywood. The ability to program, delude and deceive has never had more direct access to the minds of human beings.
Contrast Time's Trump cover page with Obama's unmerited Nobel Peace Prize. Higher awards of societal acknowledgment are no longer grounded in high-minded meritocratic absolutes but more so agenda-based subjective opinion. Challenge the elites and be canceled or worse.
Trump let some light into the cave with his attacks on "Fake News”, but we must remain vigilant. As humanity and history repeatedly showed, it’s easier for many people to be ruled than take on the risks of freedom. To be our own free-thinking leaders without the government safety net is to swim upstream.
No more remarkable paradox of different standards of judgment and perception presently exists than the dichotomous treatment of those involved in the BLM Riots vs. those involved in the Capitol Hill Protest.
Americans are asked to simply move on while all the shadow masters flail around wildly spinning stories in the cave to the wall in front of us.
Without control of the White House and Congress, conservatives can still stay in the sunlight and act through the courts and grassroots activists.
Here are 10 organizations effectively fighting the left's radical agenda, regardless of who is in office:
1) Philadelphia Statement, Thephillystatement.org. An ongoing movement to restore free speech and civil discourse in American law and culture.
2) 1776 Project Pac, www.1776projectpac.com Promoting patriotism and pride in American history by opposing Critical Race Theory & the 1619 Project.
3) Braver Angels, www.braverangels.org A national citizens movement to bring liberals, conservatives, and others together at the grassroots level — not for centrist compromise, but to find one another as citizens.
4) The Foundation Against Intolerance & Racism, www.fairforall.org , A nonpartisan organization dedicated to advancing civil rights and liberties for all Americans and promoting a common culture based on fairness, understanding, and humanity.
5) Persuasion Community www.persuasion.community A community for people open to changing their minds but not their fundamental values.
6) California Policy Center Californiapolicycenter.org An educational non-profit working for the prosperity of all Californians by eliminating public sector barriers to freedom.
7) The Academic Freedom Alliance www.Theacademicfreedomalliance.org Dedicated to protecting the rights of university faculty to speak, instruct, and publish without fear of sanctions.
8) Young America’s Foundation www.YAF.org Committed to ensuring that increasing numbers of young Americans understand and find inspiration in individual freedom, a strong national defense, free enterprise, and traditional values.
9) 1776 Unites www.1776unites.com African-American academics who advocate founding
American principles including entrepreneurship, self-determination and mutual social support. It was created as a response to the 1619 Project.
10) Critical Race Tracker and Christopher Rufo www.christopherrufo.com Tracking and taking on Critical Race Theory, reverse racism and poverty caused by progressivism.
As stated clearly throughout Steven Pinker's great book Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress, we must remember that all is not as dire as it seems, even on our darkest days.
He says well "As we care about more of humanity, we're apt to mistake the harms around us for signs of how low the world has sunk rather than how high our standards have risen."
Take hope. Live in gratitude. Trust the divine.
Return daily to the bright sunlight of clear conservative truth outside of the progressive's new cave of gaslighting, socialistic cancel culture and race-baiting delusion. Take action in your spheres of influence where you can still affect powerful change regardless of who's in office.
Stay guarded against the left’s puppet masters no matter how many shadows they cast upon the wall. Remember Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, “For everything there is a season.” Be patient, conservatives. Our day will return soon.
Creator of #BPN, a conservative political news website, Judd Dunning is a political author, pundit and producer. He recently published his latest book "13 1/2 Reasons Why NOT To Be A Liberal: And How to Enlighten Others,'' via Humanix. Read Judd Dunning's Reports — More Here.
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.