In today’s digital world, there are so many services available to us either on the Web or via a mobile app. While most of us assume practically everything is doable online, there are some things that might surprise you — like shipping services.
In the past if you needed to send a package, purchase stamps or calculate a shipping price, you had to go to a post office or shipping center. Today, however, things have changed. USPS.com is your "post office everywhere," and it provides everything you need to make your next shipping experience fast and easy.
Take a look at some of the services available to you online or via our mobile app — services that can help you save time and be more efficient despite a heavy workload or busy schedule:
- Click-N-Ship — The perfect online tool for occasional shippers or home businesses that ship several times a week. From your home computer and printer, you can pay for postage and print labels.
- Mobile App — With the free mobile app from USPS, you can find locations, calculate shipping prices, manage pickups and much more from the convenience of your smartphone.
- Mobile Web — Our mobile version of USPS.com has tools that allow you to use your Web-enabled device to get delivery information, find locations and look up a ZIP Code. With both the mobile app and mobile web, you can use the GPS-based Post Office Location Service to find retail post offices, self-service kiosks, approved postal providers, pickup service locations and collection boxes nearby.
- Text Tracking — You can receive text alerts to get package status updates sent right to your phone — whether you want to receive alerts for all activity or just delivery status. You can also text your tracking number to 28777 to get the latest status when you’re on the go.
- Schedule a Pickup — Schedule a free package pickup, and we’ll come get your shipment during regular delivery. To schedule multiple pickups, sign in to your USPS.com account.
- Delivery Support — Receive notification of incoming domestic packages headed to the household address, schedule a redelivery if the recipient wasn’t home when the package was delivered and/or provide instructions for instances where the user is not home so USPS can leave the package.
- Postage Price Calculator — Use our postage price calculator at USPS.com.
If you find yourself getting a large number of deliveries, MyUSPS.com is a new feature that offers simple ways to manage multiple packages. A single dashboard solution organizes your incoming package shipments and enables you to track and manage domestic packages.
It’s worth your time to take a trip to a virtual post office on a desktop, laptop, tablet or iPhone, where you can save time when shipping online.
- Schedule deliveries while away from home
- View packages before they arrive
- Set up alert and text notifications to track delivery status
- Schedule electronic shipment
- Sign release authorizations
- Print mailing labels
- Purchase mailing supplies
- Order free Priority Mail boxes
Finally don’t forget the basics: at “Your Post Office Everywhere,” at USPS.com you can also purchase stamps — order books or rolls of stamps online to make sure you always have them on hand.
John Budzynski is a 32-year veteran of the United States Postal Service and currently serves as the consumer advocate and manager of customer relations. As consumer advocate, he is the independent voice of residential and commercial customers. For more of his reports, Go Here Now.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.