Skip to main content
Tags: european union commission united states | kellyanne conway | apology tour

Kellyanne Conway: United States 'No Longer on an Apology Tour'

Kellyanne Conway: United States 'No Longer on an Apology Tour'

By    |   Thursday, 26 July 2018 11:48 AM EDT

The United States, under President Donald Trump, is "no longer on an apology tour," presidential counselor Kellyanne Conway said Thursday, including this week's talks with European Union Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker at the White House.

"It's important because it goes beyond him just keeping a promise to the American worker and American interests,  to renegotiate these imbalanced, unfair and unreciprocal trade deals," Conway told Fox News' "Fox and Friends."

"He is actually putting America first by standing shoulder to shoulder with leaders, in this case the EU, in the Rose Garden yesterday, working toward better deals overall."

It's also important because Trump is "taking the model of reforming taxes, historically cutting our taxes and reforming the tax code and applying it to trade," said Conway.

After his meeting with Juncker at the White House, Trump agreed to refrain from imposing car tariffs while the European Union and the United States start talks on cutting other trade barriers.

"Every time this president is told by the critics and naysayers and know-nothings, 'you shouldn't do it, no one has ever done it,' he goes and does it, said Conway. "He pulls out of the Paris accords. He moves the embassy to Jerusalem. He get out of the Iran deal. He got the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21%, on and on and on."

That means Trump's critics "are just proving his point about being a man of action," she added, pointing to the improvements in the nation's economy under the president.

"Today the president will travel to Iowa and illinois to build on his work for the American worker," said Conway. "Last week he and ivanka Trump announced a new council, 23 CEOs in the East Room committing to 3.7 million new jobs, rescaling opportunities make sure our modern workforce can take advantage of those 6.6 million jobs that are available looking for labor instead of labor looking for jobs. It's a very exciting time in our economy."

She also defended Trump's call for $12 billion in assistance to help ease the effects of tariffs on the nation's farmers.

"Everyone needs to be patient," she said. "These things take time. That's why recognizing that some may need additional assistance while everything is taking hold. We can't keep getting screwed, folks. The president gives you the numbers routinely, that all the trade deficits we have with different countries with respect to different industries and that has to stop."

Sandy Fitzgerald

Sandy Fitzgerald has more than three decades in journalism and serves as a general assignment writer for Newsmax covering news, media, and politics. 

© 2026 Newsmax. All rights reserved.


Politics
The United States, under President Donald Trump, is "no longer on an apology tour," presidential counselor Kellyanne Conway said Thursday, including this week's talks with European Union Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker at the White House.
european union commission united states, kellyanne conway, apology tour
407
2018-48-26
Thursday, 26 July 2018 11:48 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.

Sign up for Newsmax’s Daily Newsletter

Receive breaking news and original analysis - sent right to your inbox.

(Optional for Local News)
Privacy: We never share your email address.
Join the Newsmax Community
Read and Post Comments
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
 
TOP

Interest-Based Advertising | Do not sell or share my personal information

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Download the Newsmax App
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved