Retired U.S. Army Major Gen. Paul Vallely tells Newmax TV that three suspects in the Paris terrorist attack have been identified as young men from the French suburb of Gennevilliers, Hauts-de-Seine.
"A Saïd K., who was born in 1980 in Paris, a Charles K., born in 1982 in Paris, and a Whalid M., born in 1996," Vallely said Wednesday on "The Steve Malzberg Show" on
Newsmax TV.
Story continues below video.
Note: Watch Newsmax TV now on DIRECTV Ch. 349 and DISH Ch. 223
Get Newsmax TV on your cable system – Click Here Now
"[It] was a very quick apprehension as they tracked that vehicle in northern Paris to where the three evidently had escaped to.
"Obviously … they were trained, they were trained with weapons, how to attack, how to isolate themselves, escape and evasion and so on – though it didn't work."
The attack on Charlie Hebdo, a satirical magazine that had been under fire for publishing comical images of the Prophet Mohammad, occurred when masked gunmen burst into the publication's offices and started shooting.
Eleven staffers, many of them well-known cartoonists, and a police officer were killed. Vallely said swift response to the slaughter is needed.
"This is a war on radical Muslims and radical Islam and this is what we've got to face now is the global Caliphate has cast a war against the West and democracies," said Vallely, a Newsmax contributor.
"We've got to get real about this right now and hopefully the French will get on top of this as the Dutch will and, of course, the same thing has been happening in England for quite a while."
© 2026 Newsmax. All rights reserved.