Skip to main content
Tags: franklingraham | facebook | censorship | twitter

Franklin Graham: Facebook Ban Was 'a Personal Attack'

Rev. Franklin Graham praying

By    |   Sunday, 30 December 2018 12:24 PM EST

After being banned on Facebook this week over alleged hate speech from a 2016 post, Franklin Graham called out the ban having come years later as a coordinated "personal attack."

"Why are they going back to 2016?" Graham asking on Fox News' "Fox & Friends." "I think it was just really a personal attack toward me."

Graham tweeted earlier this week Facebook banned him for violating "community standards on hate speech," and Graham was invited on Fox News to explain the circumstances.

"The problem with Facebook is sexual orientation, if you disagree with their position on sexual orientation, then you could be classified as hate speech, or that you're a racist," Graham told the hosts. "This is a problem.

"The Bible is truth and I would hope [Facebook] would look to the Bible and get some instruction from God's word."

After the appearance and having his Facebook account restored, Graham accepted an apology from the social media company.

"Last week I was banned from posting on @Facebook for 24 hrs because of a 2016 post about NC's House Bill 2 (bathroom bill)," Graham original protest on Twitter read. "They said the post went against their 'community standards on hate speech.' Facebook is making & changing the rules.

". . . .@Facebook is censoring free speech," an ensuing Graham tweet read. "They're making & changing the rules. Truth is truth. God made the rules & His Word is truth. The free exchange of ideas is part of our country’s DNA. You can read the post that Facebook took down last week here: 2/2."

Graham pointed to Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg's congressional testimony.

"He said Facebook is a platform for all ideas – it's obvious his staff has not gotten that memo," Graham said.

". . . If they could support free speech, I think it would be good for them."

© 2026 Newsmax. All rights reserved.


US
After being banned on Facebook this week over alleged hate speech from a 2016 post, Franklin Graham called out the ban having come years later as a coordinated "personal attack."
franklingraham, facebook, censorship, twitter
311
2018-24-30
Sunday, 30 December 2018 12:24 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.

Sign up for Newsmax’s Daily Newsletter

Receive breaking news and original analysis - sent right to your inbox.

(Optional for Local News)
Privacy: We never share your email address.
Join the Newsmax Community
Read and Post Comments
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
 
TOP

Interest-Based Advertising | Do not sell or share my personal information

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Download the Newsmax App
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved