President Obama’s announcement that he is making the final push for his signature healthcare bill has enormous political, economic, and medical ramifications:
1) It means that Obama will indeed use the nuclear option — a Senate rules change that the American people will see as “changing the rules in the middle of the game.” (I predicted on Nov. 11 that it would happen.)
2) This will drive down Obama’s poll ratings because he will be seen as even more manipulative than the politicians he ran against in 2008. Change? Yeah, right.
3) November now will become a bloodbath for the Democrats. Contrary to my prediction on Jan. 1, the GOP probably will win back control of the House. The Senate is less likely, but not impossible.
Indeed, the Democrats have committed political suicide throughout this healthcare process. Have you ever seen a president and congressional leadership push a bill that the majority of Americans oppose? And the more they push, the more the American people oppose the bill! Yet they keep on pushing! Crazy… crazy… crazy…
4) Obama is now on track to become one of the most unpopular presidents — ever.
5) Medically, if this bill passes — and it might — it will throw the entire medical/insurance world into chaos. All our premiums will go up, contrary to what Obama promises. American-trained doctors will flee the system. In sum, it will be a total disaster.
6) The same for 17 percent of our national economy: If this bill passes, the markets will hate it. And then the more that is learned about it, the more it will hurt any chance of an economic recovery.
7) Obama seems to have forgotten the lesson he was supposed to have learned from Scott Brown’s Massachusetts upset on Jan. 19. Jobs and economic recovery are the top priority of a majority of people. He said he “got” that message. But within two weeks, he was back on his healthcare obsession. And it is
8) Previous presidents’ obsessions sank them or tainted their legacies. LBJ’s was Vietnam; Richard Nixon’s was secrecy; George W. Bush’s was avenging Saddam Hussein’s attempted assassination of his father.
9) Now we know Barack Obama’s obsession: healthcare. And it will ruin his political career.
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.