A swingers convention held in New Orleans last month resulted in 41 positive COVID-19 tests, NOLA.com reports.
The organizer of the "Naughty N'awlins" event made the announcement in a blog post. He said most of the cases were asymptomatic or very mild.
"If I could go back in time, I would not produce this event again," Naughty Events owner Bob Hannaford wrote Friday in the blog post. "I wouldn't do it again if I knew then what I know now. It weighs on me and it will continue to weigh on me until everyone is 100% better."
At least two people had a “tougher time” and were “suffering.”
“One of them, a good friend of mine, was hospitalized in serious condition,” he wrote. That person is now out of the hospital.
The event, which took place from Nov. 11-14, included nearly 300 attendees, many from out of state.
Hannaford said his company took plenty of precautions.
All attendees were tested prior to the event and Naughty Events issued wristbands in one color to indicate attendees who had shown paperwork to prove they had antibodies and another colored wristband to indicate those who showed a very recent negative COVID-19 test.
Masks were required in all public places.
Still, some of the attendees were lax.
"In almost every case, they admitted to us that they were super diligent on the first two days (Wed & Thurs) and then they relaxed a little on Friday and then they said 'F--- it, it’s our last day,' and many admitted that their lax effort on that final day is probably why they ended up positive," he wrote in his post.
New Orleans reported 3,604 new cases on Tuesday and 46 new deaths since Sunday. About 6,500 people have died from the virus.
Solange Reyner ✉
Solange Reyner is a writer and editor for Newsmax. She has more than 15 years in the journalism industry reporting and covering news, sports and politics.
© 2026 Newsmax. All rights reserved.