Despite announcing she was cancelling her plans to appear at a Thursday's pre-inaugural event, Broadway star Jennifer Holliday was still listed in the official online calendar.
The Presidential Inaugural Committee, under a listing for Jan. 19, activities noted: "The Make America Great Again! Welcome Celebration will take place following Voices of the People and will be broadcast live to the nation from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. It will feature historic remarks from President-elect Donald J. Trump and special appearances from Toby Keith, Jon Voight, Jennifer Holliday…"
Holliday, the Tony-winning star of Broadway's "Dreamgirls," pulled out of the event days ago. She later explained her reasons for dropping out of performing while on ABC's "The View."
"I woke up, and there was, like, this whole thing of terrible tweets and things on my Instagram, and I was like, 'Oh, Lord, what did I do?'" she said.
"I live a pretty reclusive life," she told "The View" co-hosts. "You're not on the radio, and then one morning you wake up, and everyone hates you."
Holliday explained she had open to performing at first "because I'm an artist and I love America."
Holliday had previously performed for presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, ABC News reported.
"It didn't dawn on me that this was a bad thing and we're not doing America right now," she said.
Considered an ally of the LGBT community, Holliday said she also didn't want to be perceived as being a "hypocrite" by performing at the inauguration.
© 2026 Newsmax. All rights reserved.