The wheels of justice turn slowly to be sure.
We’ve known for years that domestic terrorists, foreign actors and left-wing organizations that endanger America have been building their infrastructure to impact the future of this country.
We’ve known for years that they are operating both in the shadows and in plain sight.
History is replete with examples of radical movements that create chaos or leverage instability to drive their agenda. Today, we are seeing that proven, insidious strategy play out on our streets and on communications platforms that reach virtually every American.
There are dangerous threads that tie together and amplify the power of much of this behavior. Some are criminal elements. Some are propaganda machines and advocates that bend laws to drive perception.
Some are foreign actors, as the attorney general has suggested, who seek to stoke the flames of division. Some are radical donors who spend millions to manipulate public opinion and produce environments for violent confrontation. The Black Lives Matter political movement is a prime example.
In any case, the federal government, specifically the Department of Justice, FBI, CIA, Office of National Intelligence and others have a responsibility to use every tool at their disposal to expose both foreign and domestic threats to this country.
Attorney General Barr has stated in press conferences and media appearances that he is investigating foreign instigation of violence and domestic terrorism. His department is also knee deep in its investigation into attempts by the Obama administration to discredit, delegitimize and ultimately debilitate a duly-elected president.
Americans can’t wait.
Barr and the Department of Justice (DOJ), together with our intelligence agencies need to start revealing what they have learned and start connecting the dots for Americans who are being threatened and manipulated. They need to start revealing what they know about the money, the coordination, the lies and the web of treachery ensnaring American society.
No doubt the exposure of this network will be an earthquake for liberal-Democrat causes and many in the Washington, D.C. establishment.
It’s time the public saw the big nexus chart linking the funders and the organizers. This must be pursued like a racketeering or domestic terror investigation. It is that serious and must be pursued that aggressively.
Here are ten questions Americans need answered as fast as possible by Barr and federal agencies. Let’s hope we get some answers:
- Who is funding the pallets of bricks being dropped in cities that are used to vandalize buildings, and providing transportation for organized protestors?
- Who is organizing violent demonstrators including ANTIFA?
- Which individuals and organizations are funding ANTIFA?
- What other organizations, individuals and platforms are also receiving funding from those sources?
- Has the Black Lives Matter organization or its affiliate groups broken any federal laws including fraud, sections of the U.S. Code concerning incitement of violence, misrepresentation or IRS regulations? BLM has held itself out publicly to be a non-profit when there is evidence to demonstrate clear political activity, inflammatory activities and questionable spending practices that don’t benefit black communities.
- What are the names of the pass-throughs, shell companies or organizations being used to funnel money to left wing groups that incite violence on our streets?
- Which foreign actors are presently using cyber incursions to foment unrest in the United States in the run-up to the election and what is the government doing to mitigate that impact?
- What guidance can be given to the public when faced with online fundraising for groups that misrepresent themselves and may have ties to radical movements?
- Which members of the Obama administration broke federal law by leaking FISA information to the media?
- Which members of the Obama administration lied to the public, Congress or federal investigators regarding activities surrounding the commencement of the Russia collusion investigation into the Trump campaign?
We’re waiting Mr. Attorney General.
Well-funded, highly organized, insidious forces are creating a culture of fear, inciting violence, destroying property, censoring speech, spreading misinformation, and leaving our Republic threatened by mob rule. You swore and oath to defend this country against all enemies foreign and domestic and uphold the law.
We deserve answers.
Tom Basile has been part of the American political landscape from Presidential campaigns to local politics. He served in the Bush Administration from 2001-2004, as Executive Director of the NYS Republican Party and has held a range of senior-level communications roles in and out of government. His new book Let it Sink In: The Decade of Obama and Trump provides a look back at the 2010s to prepare us to defend freedom in the 2020s. His critically-acclaimed book, Tough Sell: Fighting the Media War in Iraq (Foreword by Amb. John R. Bolton), chronicles his time in Baghdad fighting media bias and driving coverage of the Iraq war. In 2011, he was featured in Time Magazine's Person of the Year spread about political activism around the world. Basile is an adjunct professor at Fordham University and runs a New York-based strategic communications firm. He is a member of the New York Bar and sits on a number of academic and philanthropic advisory boards. Learn more about him at TomBasile.com or follow him on Twitter @Tom_Basile. Read Tom Basile's Reports — More Here.
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.