Three former staff writers for Sinclair Broadcast Group-owned website Circa Laughs, a portal on Circa.com, have filed a lawsuit claiming sexual harassment and sex discrimination, The Baltimore Sun reported Wednesday.
Three women, Richelle Meiss, Malie Mason and Rebecca Zak, allege Randall Sherman, chief operating officer and co-founder of Medio Pictures Partners, "created an abusive work environment hostile to women by engaging in humiliating, demoralizing and alarming conduct."
The lawsuit said Sherman called the women "sweetheart" and compared them to an emotional teenager, suggesting women had lower IQs than men. It also claimed preferential treatment was given to men and alleged Sherman asked Meiss to work with him on nude scenes which were not typical of the entertainment Circa Laughs published.
In addition to Circa and Sinclair Broadcast Group, the lawsuit named Hollywood producer David Zucker, president and co-founder of Medio Pictures, and David Zucker Entertainment, which partnered with Circa last year to produce Circa Laughs.
The lawsuit said the defendants responded to complaints about Sherman's conduct by laying off Zak in October and telling Meiss and Bason they would be laid off at the end of the year.
Circa spokesman Manny Fantis, head of content and branding, issued a statement that said "Circa does not tolerate unprofessional behavior of any kind.
"We will take steps to ensure that no one, regardless of their relationship with the company, compromises the positive work environment that we support," Fantis added.
Circa is a mobile-friendly, video-driven news and entertainment portal designed for the millennial audience, according to PRNewswire.com. It airs breaking news, documentaries, lifestyle and humor content.
© 2026 Newsmax. All rights reserved.