Voters are not happy with the performances of neither Democrats nor Republicans in Congress, according to a CBS News poll posted Tuesday.
Around two-thirds of all voters disapprove of both parties.
Thirty percent approve of Democrats' job performance, while 63 percent disapprove, and 26 percent approve of Republicans' job performance, while 68 percent disapprove.
Breaking down the disapproval results by party shows that Democratic voters do not believe their own party is performing well:
- Republican voters on disapproval of Democrats: 82 percent.
- Independents who disapprove of Democrats: 65 percent.
- Democrats who disapprove of Democrats: 45 percent.
Breaking down the disapproval results by party shows Republicans are somewhat more positive about their party's performance in Congress:
- Democratic voters on disapproval of Republicans: 87 percent.
- Independents who disapprove of Republicans: 70 percent.
- Republicans who disapprove of Republicans: 39 percent.
If Democrats controlled Congress, things would be:
- Better: 31 percent.
- Worse: 28 percent.
- The same: 39 percent.
The poll was conducted June 15-18 among 1,117 adults randomly selected nationwide, and the error due to sampling could be plus or minus 4 percentage points, according to CBS.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.