"More and more" people in the Obama administration had access to a salacious dossier on then-candidate Donald Trump than had been initially thought, Rep. Pete King said Monday, pointing to the House Intelligence Committee's decision to send its survey questions to two officials from former Vice President Joe Biden's office.
"It was being spread among people throughout the administration," the New York Republican, a member of the Intelligence Committee, told Fox News' "America's Newsroom."
Fox News reported Friday that the 10-question survey, already sent out to 20 current and former government officials, has been sent to Shailagh Murray, who also served as an adviser to former President Barack Obama.
Her husband, Neil Young. Jr. had left employment at The Wall Street Journal for a job at Fusion GPS, the firm that had commissioned the dossier, notes the Washington Examiner.
Another copy went to Colin Kahl, Biden's national security advisers. Both have a deadline of March 19 to answer the questionnaire.
King said Monday that he believes committee chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., sent the questions because Biden was one of the first in the administration to mention the dossier.
"I want to know how many people saw this, how many people have access to it, how much reliance was put on it, when it was shown to President [Barack] Obama," said King. "It shows the influence that the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton had in spreading this salacious document."
He also noted there were specific references to Russian interference in the campaign, even during Clinton's speeches.
"Where was she getting that from?" said King. "What was this confluence of intelligence gathering?"
Sandy Fitzgerald ✉
Sandy Fitzgerald has more than three decades in journalism and serves as a general assignment writer for Newsmax covering news, media, and politics.
© 2026 Newsmax. All rights reserved.