Fox News host Bill O'Reilly admitted Monday night that "criticism was valid" about a guest who was invited on "The O'Reilly Factor" for a segment last week on Sweden and its Muslim immigrant situation.
O'Reilly said his show included Nils Bildt, who was introduced as a Swedish defense and national security adviser, and "after the segment, some left-wing people objected."
"The Swedish government also weighed in saying they've had no contact with him," O'Reilly said. "We looked into the situation and the criticism is valid. It is valid. He does consulting work on terrorism, that is true, but we should have clarified that he had no direct role with the Swedish government."
"The information we gave you on the segment was accurate and in hindsight, a more relevant guest should have been used.
According to Mediaite, Bildt said in a statement the misleading identification was all on Fox News.
"Suffice to say I am an independent political adviser," the statement read, Mediaite reported. "Fox News is solely responsible for the header or title used. I cannot comment on that. Sorry for any confusion caused, but needless to say I think that is not really the issue, the issue is Swedish refusal to discuss their social problems and issues."
Mediate posted a video clip of the admission.
© 2026 Newsmax. All rights reserved.