A full 53% of likely voters say they approve of Democrat lawmakers on the House Ways and Means Committee releasing six years of former President Donald Trump’s tax returns, according to a new poll by Rasmussen Reports.
However, 54% say Republican lawmakers should release the federal tax returns of the Democrats who voted to release Trump's tax returns, compared to 31% who disagree.
The returns will be placed into the congressional record at 9 a.m. Friday during a House pro forma session, multiple media outlets reported. The committee also will make a formal announcement.
Highlights from the poll results released Thursday include:
- 38% say they strongly approve of the release of Trump's taxes returns.
- 15% say they somewhat approve.
- 12% say they somewhat disapprove.
- 28% say they strongly disapprove.
- 7% are uncertain.
- 32% of Republicans say they favor the release of the tax returns, compared to 79% of Democrats and 48% of independents.
The poll, conducted Dec. 26-27, surveyed 900 likely voters. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.