Nearly 800 people have come forward with new sexual abuse allegations against scoutmasters and volunteers who worked with the Boy Scouts of America, and say the storied organization failed to protect them, a searing new lawsuit alleges.
The lawsuit, filed Monday in Pennsylvania, names at least 350 abusers who already do not appear in the Boy Scouts’ own disciplinary files. The accused are doctors, police officers, members of the military, teachers and a mayor, according to USA Today.
The plaintiff in the case, named only S.D. for his anonymity, says he was assaulted “hundreds” of times by a scout leader in Pennsylvania. S.D. also says his former scoutmaster gave him alcohol and drugs before sexually abusing him.
“It is apparent that the Boy Scout Defendants continue to hide the true nature of their cover-up and the extent of the pedophilia epidemic within their organizations because the vast majority of new victims coming forward involve claims of abuse at the hands of pedophiles who are not yet identified by the Boy Scouts of America,” the complaint reads.
The Boy Scouts have been accused of protecting pedophiles and allowing them to move from troop to troop. In January, a sexual abuse expert who had been working with the Boy Scouts revealed that there may have been as many as 7,819 leaders and volunteers in the organization who sexually abused 12,254 victims.
© 2026 Newsmax. All rights reserved.