Magnesium hydroxide is known by its brand name, Milk of Magnesia, an over-the-counter medication used as a laxative. However, the product has many other health benefits to improve your body inside and outside.
Here are five uses for Milk of Magnesia:
1. Occasional constipation causes difficulty in relieving the bowels. Milk of Magnesia draws water into the intestines and acts as a laxative to induce bowel movements. Use it if you suffer from constipation for short periods of time. Excessive use could make constipation worse by affecting the colon’s abilities to contract. See your doctor for underlying problems if you have constant constipation.
ALERT: Learn How Doctors Are Using Magnesium to Reverse Diabetes
2. The antacid effects from Milk of Magnesia help relieve heartburn and acid reflux. This can occur when too much acid builds up in the stomach and rises up into the esophagus. Milk of Magnesia also helps to get rid of gastric acid in the body.
3. Indigestion is relieved through Milk of Magnesia. It not only calms your stomach from too much acid, but it also treats symptoms of infrequent bowel movements to avoid ongoing bouts of indigestion.
4. Acne and oily skin can be treated with a topical application of Milk of Magnesia. It helps reduce blemishes and blackheads, according to StyleCraze. The treatment banishes excess oils that contribute to breakouts. It also clears the complexion for a healthy glow. Cleanse your face to remove excess moisture and apply a thin layer to your face with a cotton ball before letting it dry.
SPECIAL: Doctors Are Using Magnesium to Prevent Alzheimer's
StyleCraze advises that applying Milk of Magnesia topically should only be done with oily skin problems. Otherwise, it might cause dryness and tightness that could result in further skin irritation. Apply it only to the areas that need attention.
5. Milk of Magnesia also treats wounds, skin rashes and canker sores. It has healing properties that neutralize acids and balance the skin and also acts as a disinfectant to prevent further skin interruptions. It kills bacteria with the help of zinc ingredients.
Avoid stomach and skin problems by eating foods rich in magnesium. They include whole grains, vegetables, and fruits. In addition, drinking plenty of water and getting regular exercise will improve your health. Use Milk of Magnesia when needed.
ALERT: Doctors Are Using Magnesium to Reverse Diabetes. See How.
10 Best Supplements for Prostate Health
Which Natural Health Supplements Do Doctors Recommend to Boost Your Mood?
© 2023 NewsmaxHealth. All rights reserved.