Conservative talker Glenn Beck is revealing his future plans after he leaves his Fox News Channel TV show — talking for the first time about how he will quit New York City and focus his media efforts on a younger audience.
Beck announced this weekend that he has sold his mansion in suburban Connecticut, which had been listed for more than a year. He had been asking $4 million.
“The last thing I will be doing, I will be leaving New York City. As we build a new media I’m not building it in New York,” Beck said. He has not divulged where he will relocate.
Beck said his production company, Mercury Radio Arts, is going to develop a research department “that will utilize the idle brains that we have — retired CIA and military.
“What you’re going to see in a few months is a new way to communicate with each other.” He added that he is going to “build a way to deliver news directly to the youth of America.”
Beck hinted at his change of direction during an interview earlier this month with Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly.
“It’s a new era,” he told O’Reilly. “Things are changing in the world . . . We have to reach different audiences. We have to reach younger.”
O’Reilly asked: “So you’re going to do more Internet stuff?”
Beck said: “Internet stuff. Not necessarily just with me. Bill, you know my business. I’m multiplatform and do many different things.”
O’Reilly: “So you’re going to develop programming not only for you but for other people on the Net.”
Back on March 22, The New York Times reported that Beck was considering leaving the Fox News Channel to launch his own TV channel, saying he had been contemplating a departure from Fox for more than a year.
Beck sought to downplay the report several days later. But on April 6, news broke that he will be leaving the show this year.
In a joint news release, the network and Beck's Mercury Radio Arts announced that Fox News and his company will work together to "develop and produce a variety of television projects for air on the Fox News Channel as well as content for other platforms including Fox News' digital properties."
Beck became a sensation almost immediately after jumping from HLN to Fox for an afternoon program that debuted in January 2009. But his viewership has declined lately, The Associated Press noted.
Beck said in Saturday’s live broadcast from Albany on GlennBeck.com: “I don’t know where [Obama is from]. I don’t think he’s from where they issue birth certificates. I think he’s from Hell.”
Beck reiterated an earlier statement that his ideal GOP ticket for 2012 would be freshman Rep. Allen West for president and Rep. Michele Bachmann for vice president. He added that Rep. Ron Paul should be Secretary of the Treasury.
According to Realtor.com, Beck's 6-bedroom, 6 1/2-bath colonial mansion in Connecticut was reduced in price to $3.65 million. It has 16 rooms, five fireplaces, a pool, four-car garage and a barn on 2.8 acres. The reduced price, which may not have been the final price agreed to, is $250,000 less than what Beck and his wife paid in 2005.
While Beck’s future whereabouts remain unknown, TVNewser reported that Mercury Radio Arts’ more than 50 employees will continue to work out of a New York office.
© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.