Now that Donald Trump, Mike Huckabee, and Haley Barbour have dropped out of the race, and Mitt Romney and Ron Paul have begun raking in beaucoup bucks, Politico
poses five hot questions for the Republican presidential campaign:
- 1. If not Mitch Daniels, then who? In other words, who will join Romney as a viable candidate of the establishment? Perhaps Tim Pawlenty or Jon Huntsman.
- 2. Will Sarah Palin ever resurface? Will she run or won’t she? No one knows, perhaps not even Palin herself.
- 3. Will Mitt Romney’s money machine scare away his rivals? He raised $10.25 million Monday alone. Will there be any money left over for his opponents?
- 4. How long does Michele Bachmann drag this out? She may turn out to be the strongest of the tea-party backed candidates, but she hasn’t decided definitively to join the race.
- 5. Can Jon Huntsman talk to voters? The former ambassador to China and son of a billionaire must prove his bona fides with regular people.
© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.