Vitamin B2 plays a major role in the production of energy. Since it is a water-soluble vitamin, it cannot be stored in the body and should be replenished every day. It is essential for our body functions and helps in the processing of amino acids and fats. It is required for breaking down carbohydrates. It also doubles up as an antioxidant, which prevents tumors and slows down aging. A part of the B-complex family, it is available in every living tissue. It is also called riboflavin.
The Top Five Benefits of Vitamin B2:
Vitamin B2 is increasingly prescribed as a preventive against severe migraine attacks. A dose of 400 mg is generally used.
Vitamin B2 acts as an antioxidant that controls the play of free radicals. It helps in the prevention of heart diseases and cancer.
Vitamin B2 plays a supportive role in the treatment of anemia. It is also used in treating sickle cell anemia. Low-levels of vitamin B2 contribute to both of these conditions.
It minimizes the effects of cancer-producing carcinogens.
It breaks down proteins, fats, and carbohydrates, and helps produce energy.
The additional benefits of vitamin B2 include:
1. It plays a key role in keeping the nervous system, skin, eyes, mouth, and hair in good condition.
2. It keeps the mucous membranes in the mouth and bowels healthy.
3. It regulates thyroid activity.
4. It helps maintain healthy eyes and clear vision. It is also helpful in cataract prevention.
5. It is useful in preventing conditions such as acne, dermatitis, arthritis, and eczema.
6. It helps clear the skin.
7. It helps repair damaged tissues and allows wounds to heal more quickly.
8. It fosters natural growth since it is associated with protein.
9. It promotes natural immunity as it strengthens the antibody reserves and body defenses.
10. It helps in the treatment of disorders of the nervous system. It is used in the treatment of numbness, Alzheimer’s disease, anxiety, and epilepsy.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.