Tags: Venezuela | Nicolas Maduro

Venezuela's Maduro Says Three US Consular Officials Expelled

Venezuela's Maduro Says Three US Consular Officials Expelled

Sunday, 16 February 2014 10:13 PM EST

CARACAS — Venezuela's President Nicolas Maduro said on Sunday he had ordered the expulsion of three U.S. consular officials who he said had been conspiring against his government.

Maduro did not identify the officials, but he said the Venezuelan foreign minister would give more details later.

"It's a group of U.S. functionaries who are in the universities. We've been watching them having meetings in the private universities for two months. They work in visas," Maduro said in a nationally televised broadcast.

© 2026 Thomson/Reuters. All rights reserved.


TheAmericas
Venezuela's President Nicolas Maduro said on Sunday he had ordered the expulsion of three U.S. consular officials who he said had been conspiring against his government.
Venezuela,Nicolas Maduro
80
2014-13-16
Sunday, 16 February 2014 10:13 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.

Sign up for Newsmax’s Daily Newsletter

Receive breaking news and original analysis - sent right to your inbox.

(Optional for Local News)
Privacy: We never share your email address.
Join the Newsmax Community
Read and Post Comments
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
 
 
TOP

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved