Tags: saudi arabia prosecutor | jamal khashoggi | istanbul | turkeys foreign minister

Turkey Minister: Saudi Prosecutor's Measures Over Khashoggi 'Positive but Insufficient'

journalist jamal khashoggi
(AP)

Thursday, 15 November 2018 07:10 AM EST

Measures announced by Saudi Arabia's public prosecutor in response to the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in Istanbul last month were "positive but insufficient," Turkey's foreign minister said on Thursday.

Mevlut Cavusoglu made the comment in response to announcement by Saudi Arabia's public prosecutor detailing Riyadh's actions on the case. The former adviser to the royal court, Saud al-Qahtani, has been banned from traveling and remained under investigation, the prosecutor said.Saudi Prosecutor's Measures Over Khashoggi 'Positive but Insufficient' - Turkey Minister

The prosecutor has requested the death penalty for five out of 11 suspects charged in the murder, deputy public prosecutor and spokesman Shaalan al-Shaalan told reporters. 

© 2026 Thomson/Reuters. All rights reserved.


GlobalTalk
Measures announced by Saudi Arabia's public prosecutor in response to the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in Istanbul last month were "positive but insufficient," Turkey's foreign minister said on Thursday.
saudi arabia prosecutor, jamal khashoggi, istanbul, turkeys foreign minister
107
2018-10-15
Thursday, 15 November 2018 07:10 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.

Sign up for Newsmax’s Daily Newsletter

Receive breaking news and original analysis - sent right to your inbox.

(Optional for Local News)
Privacy: We never share your email address.
Join the Newsmax Community
Read and Post Comments
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
 
 
TOP

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved