Tags: EU | France | Missing | Girl

Party Guest Charged with Murder in French Missing Girl Case

Thursday, 30 November 2017 02:38 PM EST

PARIS (AP) — French authorities have handed preliminary murder charges to a 34-year-old man in the case of a 9-year-old girl who went missing from a wedding celebration last summer in France.

Grenoble prosecutor Jean-Yves Coquillat said Thursday that suspect Nordahl Lelandais, who was already charged with kidnapping the girl, is now also suspected of murdering her.

Coquillat said Lelandais denies any wrongdoing or involvement in the disappearance of the girl. He also said the girl's body hasn't been found so far.

The girl, identified as Maelys De Araujo, was last seen on Aug. 27 at a village hall where she was attending a wedding celebration with her parents in Pont-de-Beauvoisin, 85 kilometers (53 miles) from Lyon in southeastern France. Lelandais was also a guest at the party.

© Copyright 2026 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


Europe
French authorities have handed preliminary murder charges to a 34-year-old man in the case of a 9-year-old girl who went missing from a wedding celebration last summer in France.Grenoble prosecutor Jean-Yves Coquillat said Thursday that suspect Nordahl Lelandais, who was...
EU,France,Missing,Girl
127
2017-38-30
Thursday, 30 November 2017 02:38 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.

Sign up for Newsmax’s Daily Newsletter

Receive breaking news and original analysis - sent right to your inbox.

(Optional for Local News)
Privacy: We never share your email address.
Join the Newsmax Community
Read and Post Comments
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
 
 
TOP

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved