Tags: EU | Czech | Fake | Islamic | Attacks

Czech Man Attacked Trains, Blamed it on Islamic Militants

Wednesday, 28 February 2018 09:38 AM EST

PRAGUE (AP) — Czech authorities have detained a man suspected of carrying out two attacks on trains while blaming them on Islamic militants.

State prosecutor Martin Bily said Wednesday that the man is suspected of cutting down two trees that fell on train tracks last year near the city of Mlada Boleslav, some 50 kilometers (30 miles) north of Prague.

Two passenger trains later hit the trees, in June and July. Nobody was injured in the accidents.

The prosecutor says the Czech citizen also distributed pamphlets with threats of terror attacks planned on Czech territory.

Bily said the man's motivation was to incite fear of Muslims and terror attacks among Czechs. A court ruled last week that the man will be held in detention.

© Copyright 2026 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


GlobalTalk
Czech authorities have detained a man suspected of carrying out two attacks on trains while blaming them on Islamic militants.State prosecutor Martin Bily said Wednesday that the man is suspected of cutting down two trees that fell on train tracks last year near the city of...
EU,Czech,Fake,Islamic,Attacks
123
2018-38-28
Wednesday, 28 February 2018 09:38 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.

Sign up for Newsmax’s Daily Newsletter

Receive breaking news and original analysis - sent right to your inbox.

(Optional for Local News)
Privacy: We never share your email address.
Join the Newsmax Community
Read and Post Comments
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
 
 
TOP

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved