Tags: EU | Britain | Tunisia

Britain Lifts Advisory against Travel to Tunisia

Wednesday, 26 July 2017 12:37 PM EDT

LONDON (AP) — Britain has lifted an advisory against travel to Tunisia, paving the way for tourists to return to the country's Mediterranean beaches two years after a deadly attack.

The U.K. government had advised against all but essential travel to the North African country since a gunman stormed a luxury hotel in the resort of Sousse in June 2015, killing 38 people, 30 of them British.

The Foreign Office said Wednesday it no longer advises against travel to most of Tunisia, including major tourist resorts and the capital, Tunis. Foreign Office Minister Alistair Burt said the decision was partly due to security improvements made since then.

The U.K. tourism organization ABTA said the change meant "travel companies can put in place plans for holidays to Tunisia to restart, should they wish."

© Copyright 2026 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


Europe
Britain has lifted an advisory against travel to Tunisia, paving the way for tourists to return to the country's Mediterranean beaches two years after a deadly attack.The U.K. government had advised against all but essential travel to the North African country since a...
EU,Britain,Tunisia
131
2017-37-26
Wednesday, 26 July 2017 12:37 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.

Sign up for Newsmax’s Daily Newsletter

Receive breaking news and original analysis - sent right to your inbox.

(Optional for Local News)
Privacy: We never share your email address.
Join the Newsmax Community
Read and Post Comments
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
 
 
TOP

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved