Tags: AF | Kenya | Somalia

Kenyan Man Charged for Sharing Photos of Somalia Victims

Wednesday, 27 January 2016 05:43 AM EST

NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — A Kenyan man has been charged for publishing pictures alleged to be of Kenyan soldiers killed last week by Islamic extremist rebels in Somalia.

The man, Eddy Reuben Illah, appeared in court Tuesday, denied the charges and was remanded in custody. The charge sheet said the photos distributed by the suspect were "likely to cause fear and alarm."

Illah is accused of distributing the pictures via the messaging service WhatsApp.

Kenyan officials have not said how many soldiers were killed in the attack Friday, and have warned Kenyans against publishing images that may incite the public.

Al-Shabab says it killed about 100 Kenyans and seized armaments and military vehicles.

© Copyright 2026 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


Africa
A Kenyan man has been charged for publishing pictures alleged to be of Kenyan soldiers killed last week by Islamic extremist rebels in Somalia.The man, Eddy Reuben Illah, appeared in court Tuesday, denied the charges and was remanded in custody. The charge sheet said the...
AF,Kenya,Somalia
112
2016-43-27
Wednesday, 27 January 2016 05:43 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.

Sign up for Newsmax’s Daily Newsletter

Receive breaking news and original analysis - sent right to your inbox.

(Optional for Local News)
Privacy: We never share your email address.
Join the Newsmax Community
Read and Post Comments
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
 
 
TOP

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved