Tags: EU | Czech | Lebanon

5 Czechs Missing in Lebanon since July Found Alive

Monday, 01 February 2016 05:20 PM EST

PRAGUE (AP) — The Czech Republic's Foreign Ministry says the five Czechs who went missing in July in eastern Lebanon have been found alive and are in "satisfactory health condition."

The ministry said the five were discovered Monday evening and that they were in the care of Lebanese security forces.

It said the authorities were taking steps to transport them home and planning to send a special plane to Lebanon for them.

No further details were immediately given because of an ongoing investigation. The Czechs previously said they might have been kidnapped.

The five included a lawyer, interpreter, two journalists and a man said to work for a military spy agency.

Their car was found July 18 near a Lebanese army checkpoint in the town of Kefraya.

© Copyright 2026 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


Europe
The Czech Republic's Foreign Ministry says the five Czechs who went missing in July in eastern Lebanon have been found alive and are in "satisfactory health condition."The ministry said the five were discovered Monday evening and that they were in the care of Lebanese...
EU,Czech,Lebanon
126
2016-20-01
Monday, 01 February 2016 05:20 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.

Sign up for Newsmax’s Daily Newsletter

Receive breaking news and original analysis - sent right to your inbox.

(Optional for Local News)
Privacy: We never share your email address.
Join the Newsmax Community
Read and Post Comments
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
 
 
TOP

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved