Tags: africa. mozambique | kidnap | businessman

Kidnapped Mozambican Businessman Released

Saturday, 20 December 2014 08:17 AM EST

MAPUTO, Mozambique  — Authorities in Mozambique say a wealthy businessman, who was kidnapped last month, has been released.

Interior Minister Alberto Mondlane said Saturday that Mohamed Bachir Suleman, who had been accused by the U.S. government of being an international drug trafficker, had been freed by his captors.

Mondlane said Suleman was in police custody, helping authorities to identify the men who had kidnapped him.

Suleman was kidnapped by several men with assault rifles in the parking lot of a shopping mall that he owns in the Mozambican capital, Maputo. Officials said they did not receive any ransom demands from the kidnappers.

Suleman's abduction was the latest in an increasing number of kidnappings targeting wealthy figures in Mozambique.

© Copyright 2026 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


Africa
Authorities in Mozambique say a wealthy businessman, who was kidnapped last month, has been released.Interior Minister Alberto Mondlane said Saturday that Mohamed Bachir Suleman, who had been accused by the U.S. government of being an international...
africa. mozambique, kidnap, businessman
117
2014-17-20
Saturday, 20 December 2014 08:17 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.

Sign up for Newsmax’s Daily Newsletter

Receive breaking news and original analysis - sent right to your inbox.

(Optional for Local News)
Privacy: We never share your email address.
Join the Newsmax Community
Read and Post Comments
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
 
 
TOP

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved