×
Newsmax TV & Webwww.newsmax.comFREE - In Google Play
VIEW
×
Newsmax TV & Webwww.newsmax.comFREE - On the App Store
VIEW
Tags: Hollywood | seth rogen | beyonce | grammy awards | actor | cancel culture | grammys

Seth Rogen Recalls Being Humiliated After Trying to Meet Beyoncé

seth rogen smiles on the red carpet during an event
Seth Rogen (Willy Sanjuan/AP)

By    |   Thursday, 13 May 2021 11:12 AM

Seth Rogen has revealed he was left "humiliated" after a failed attempt to meet Beyoncé at the Grammy Awards.

During an interview, the actor recalled how, instead of meeting the pop icon, he met one of her security guards who hit him "so hard" he spilled his drink all over himself. Moments later he was called to present a Grammy. 

Rogen recounted the hilarious moment in detail during an appearance on E! News' "Daily Pop."

"I saw Beyoncé at the Grammys with Gwyneth Paltrow, actually, and they were together. I charged over. Instinct took over," he recalled. "I was hit so hard by her security guard that I spilled a drink. I was drinking a screwdriver, I spilled it all over myself. I got what I deserved.

"A second later someone came up and was like, 'You have to come and present a Grammy now'

"I was holding my arms in a very weird position [to hide the stain on stage], I was humiliated, and I didn't get to meet Beyonce."

During the interview, Rogen also admitted he was missing his friend and "Disaster Artist" co-star Zac Effron, who is currently in Australia.  

"I was just tweeting Zac how much I miss him and how much I would like to see him," he said. "But honestly, Zac, if you're watching this and you're having a better time in Australia, stay there, do your thing, it's not that great here. 

"He seems much happier in Australia, I'll be honest," Rogen added. "He's trying new fruits and meeting new people, he's on a real journey and I'm happy for him."

While the pair have remained friends, things between Rogen and "Disaster Artist" star and director James Franco are strained. During an interview with The Sunday Times, Rogen said he had no plans to work with Franco, who has been accused of intimidating students at an acting and film school he founded into gratuitous and exploitative sexual situations in 2018.

Franco has denied the allegations, stating they were "not accurate" during an appearance on Stephen Colbert's "The Late Show." However, the after-effects have had an impact on his professional and personal life. 

"What I can say is that I despise abuse and harassment, and I would never cover or conceal the actions of someone doing it, or knowingly put someone in a situation where they were around someone like that," Rogen told The Sunday Times, when asked if he believed the allegations against Franco might be true. 

Rogen previously said he would continue to work with Franco despite the allegations, but has backtracked from that position.

"I also look back to that interview in 2018 where I comment that I would keep working with James, and the truth is that I have not, and I do not plan to right now," Rogen added.

Related Stories:

© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.


TheWire
Seth Rogen has revealed he was left "humiliated" after a failed attempt to meet Beyoncé at the Grammy Awards.
seth rogen, beyonce, grammy awards, actor, cancel culture, grammys
487
2021-12-13
Thursday, 13 May 2021 11:12 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
Join the Newsmax Community
Register To Comment Login To Comment
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
 
TOP

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved