O.J. Simpson will not get his conviction for armed robbery and kidnapping overturned, the Nevada Supreme Court ruled on Thursday.
Three justices returned a 16-page opinion saying there is no reason to overturn the decision of a lower court, ESPN reported.
"Simpson did not demonstrate a reasonable probability of a different outcome had counsel argued on rehearing that the court misapprehended a material fact," Sports Illustrated quoted the decision.
Simpson's lawyers filed an appeal in October, saying his case in front of Clark County District Court Judge Linda Marie Bell had been mishandled. Bell denied Simpson a new trial, which he requested while claiming that his trial attorney failed to handle the case properly and had conflicts of interest.
The Associated Press said that Simpson's attorney Yale Galanter
has denied there was any problem with the way the case was handled.
The Nevada Supreme Court upheld Bell's decision, and Simpson's attorneys told ESPN they will consult with their client to determine a next move.
The former Buffalo Bills running back, 68, is currently serving nine to 33 years for his part in a hotel room robbery that occurred in 2007. Four other men who were also involved in the heist have pleaded guilty without going to trial and received probation in the case. One had his conviction overturned after courts ruled that the guilty finding was affected by Simpson's fame.
CBS News said the Nevada Supreme Court
rejected another appeal by Simpson and his attorneys in 2010.
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.