Tags: california | holy | fire | suspect

California Holy Fire Suspect Allegedly Sent Warning

Image: California Holy Fire Suspect Allegedly Sent Warning
Forrest Gordon Clark (Orange County Sheriff's Department)

By    |   Thursday, 09 August 2018 09:57 AM

A California Holy Fire suspect arrested in connection with the blaze that has devoured more than 6 square miles in the Santa Ana Mountains this week reportedly sent threatening emails warning that "this place will burn," Fox News reported.

Officials confirmed that 51-year-old Forrest Gordon Clark was booked Wednesday on suspicion of two counts of felony arson, and one count each of felony threat to terrorize and misdemeanor resisting arrest.

Clark owns a cabin in the Jim Canyon area, where the fire destroyed all structures except for his home, and neighbors have reported erratic behavior in the days leading up to the fire, the Orange County Register noted.

Volunteer Fire Chief Mike Milligan told the news outlet that Clark had sent threatening emails to him last week predicting the Holy Fire would burn.

He added that Clark, who had a longstanding feud with his neighbors and claimed he could read minds, ran through the community screaming last week.

Other residents said that he stripped off his camouflage underwear at one point on Tuesday, and allegedly threatened firefighters with a sword while they were fighting the blaze.

The Holy Fire broke out on Monday, forcing the evacuation of the Trabuco and Holy Jim community as well as other surrounding areas, as the flames quickly spread from 75 to 700 acres within an hour, NBC 7 San Diego said.

By nightfall the fire had grown to 4,000 acres, meaning it had more than tripled in size within three hours and while it scorched the earth, several other wildfires also burned in the California area.

Clark is scheduled to appear in court Thursday, with bail set at $1 million, the Orange County Register noted.

He reportedly has a history of personal battles, with court records showing a man with the same personal details having previously been held involuntarily at a treatment center for mental illness in 1996.

A woman also reportedly was granted a temporary restraining order against her son, who shares the same personal information as Clark, in 2012.

His Facebook profile, which was still up Thursday morning, is peppered with posts of conspiracy theories and religious posts.

© 2018 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
TheWire
A California Holy Fire suspect arrested in connection with the blaze that has devoured more than 6 square miles in the Santa Ana Mountains this week reportedly sent threatening emails warning that "this place will burn."
california, holy, fire, suspect
361
2018-57-09
Thursday, 09 August 2018 09:57 AM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved