Forty-five percent of Americans approve of President Donald Trump’s job performance, compared to 54% who disapprove, according to a new NBC News/SurveyMonkey poll.
NBC News noted Trump has averaged a 44% job approval rating in the weekly tracking poll since July 5.
Here are how the results of the poll, released Tuesday, break down:
- 44% of Americans approve of Trump's handling of the coronavirus pandemic, compared to 54% who disapprove.
- 56% approve of how their own governor is handling of the pandemic, while 41% disapprove
- 69% say they wear a mask every time they leave their homes and might come in contact with others. 17% say they wear a mask most of the time they leave their homes. 10% say they wear one some of the time and 4% say they never wear one.
- 68% say they are very worried or somewhat worried that someone in the family will be exposed to the coronavirus. 32% say they were not too worried or not worried at all.
- 52% say the pandemic is more of a health crisis for them, compared to 46% who say it is more of an economic crisis.
The data came from a set of polls conducted Aug. 17-23, in which 42,315 people were surveyed. The margin of error is plus or minus 1 percent point.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.