Voters believe that President-elect Donald Trump will be a better president at protecting U.S. jobs and creating new ones, according to a Rasmussen Reports poll.
The poll's results:
- Trump better than Obama at protecting, creating U.S. jobs: 50 percent.
- Trump worse than Obama: 34 percent.
- Trump, Obama performance about the same: 10 percent.
Breaking down the results by party, Republicans and independent voters also believe in Trump over Obama on jobs:
- Republicans: 79 percent.
- Not affiliated with either party: 50 percent.
- Democrats: 31 percent.
The survey of 1,000 likely voters was conducted from Nov. 30 to Dec. 1.
In a November Rasmussen poll, voters said that jobs and the economy were the second-most important reason for their vote, behind the candidates' character.
- Character: 27 percent.
- The economy, jobs: 23 percent.
- National security and the war on terror: 15 percent.
- Taxes, government spending, business regulation: 13 percent.
- Social issues: 9 percent.
- Illegal immigration: 6 percent.
During the transition, Trump and Obama are regularly in contact "on a number of issues," according to Trump's adviser Kellyanne Conway.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.