Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul has blasted The Washington Post for an article it published about him on Monday, claiming it was a "hit piece" and "full of inaccuracies."
The
Post article said that the potential 2016 GOP presidential candidate had been shifting his position on a number of issues, moving him from one-time libertarian ideologue to "a politician, like everybody else."
"The hit piece in The Washington Post was just so full of inaccuracies, I think there was no quote from us in the whole piece
— an enormous piece, a hit job on me, and they never quoted us for a response on anything," Paul said in an interview with
The Federalist published Wednesday.
"My position hasn't changed on foreign aid to Israel, my position has not changed on Medicare. Everything they'd said that my position had changed on, I think, frankly, is untrue."
Washington Post journalist, David Fahrenthold, wrote the original article after a review of Paul's speeches, op-eds, and all of the legislation he authored while in Congress. He also conducted interviews with three advisers to Paul, two of which he named.
In an article in the Post on Wednesday,
Farhenthold criticized Paul's allegations, and said Paul's office has refused to elaborate on the inaccuracies of the reporting and declined an interview request with Paul both while he was developing the story and after Paul's critical comments.
© 2026 Newsmax. All rights reserved.