Former United Kingdom Independence Party leader Nigel Farage warned Sunday the latest London terror attack would fuel calls for internment of "thousands of suspects" if politicians do not take action to fight terrorism.
In an interviews on the Fox News, Farage's chilling mention of WWII-like interment camps prompted a later clarification from a host on "Fox & Friends Sunday" that distanced the network from the "reprehensible" solution.
"Unless people see some really concrete action is going to be taken, then I think the calls for interning thousands of suspects will grow louder and louder," Farage told "Sunday Morning Futures" host Maria Bartiromo.
"People are beginning to say what are our leaders actually going to do?" he asked. "Just expressing sorrow, just talking and using words like solidarity simply isn't enough."
He also brought up internment during interviews on "Fox & Friends Sunday."
"What I said was that the call for internment will grow stronger," he explained. "For the prime minister to say 'enough is enough,' that is not going to satisfy people.
"People want action. For my own part, I'm concerned that if we do intern 3,500 people, we might create more masses within that community. And the reason I say this is, we did this with suspected [IRA] terrorists and what it led to were more recruits for the IRA."
Story continues below video.
Shortly afterward, "Fox & Friends Sunday" host Clayton Morris issued a clarification.
"Earlier on the show, we had a couple of guests mention the word internment, the idea of internment camps as a possible solution to this," he said.
"I think I made it well-known my feeling on that – reprehensible – but I think on behalf of the network, all of us here find that reprehensible on the Fox News Channel," he said.
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.