Tags: james comey | kellyanne conway | donald trump | trump marriage

Kellyanne Conway Rips Comey on Trump Marriage Comments

Kellyanne Conway Rips Comey on Trump Marriage Comments

By    |   Friday, 13 April 2018 11:27 AM

James Comey’s questioning of President Donald Trump’s marriage is "egregious and over the top," White House counselor Kellyanne Conway said Friday.

In his new memoir, "A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership," the former FBI chief who was fired by Trump last May, says Trump wanted him to disprove claims made in a salacious dossier that he mingled with prostitutes who performed perverted acts in Moscow in 2013.

"He said, you know, 'If there's even a 1 percent chance my wife [Melania] thinks that's true, that's terrible,'" Comey told ABC News’s George Stephanopoulos in an excerpt from an interview aired on "Good Morning America."

'"And I remember thinking, 'How could your wife think there's a 1 percent chance you were with prostitutes … I'm a flawed human being, but there is literally zero chance that my wife would think that was true. So, what kind of marriage to what kind of man does your wife think [that] there's only a 99 percent chance you didn't do that?"

But Conway told Fox News’s "Fox & Friends" that Comey has no business speculating on the state of Trump’s marriage.

"I find that particular excerpt to be really egregious and over the top and unacceptable. I hope people of all political stripes. Including those who didn’t like James Comey in late October of 2016 to push back on it," she said.

Conway referred to Comey as a "psychoanalyst" and "marriage counselor," poking into things that "frankly put" are "none of his business."

© 2019 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
Newsfront
James Comey’s questioning of President Donald Trump’s marriage is “egregious and over the top,” White House counselor Kellyanne Conway said Friday.
james comey, kellyanne conway, donald trump, trump marriage
249
2018-27-13
Friday, 13 April 2018 11:27 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved