In a diplomatic affront to President Donald Trump, British officials have decided to deny him the pomp and circumstance of a full state visit that would include staying with Queen Elizabeth II in Buckingham Palace, a London newspaper reported Wednesday.
His first trip to the British capital as the U.S. head of state will be a standard "working visit," and he will stay at the residence of the American ambassador in London's posh Regent's Park, the Evening Standard said in an exclusive story.
The Trump administration immediately dismissed the report, adding that the trip, expected next year, is still in the planning stages.
"Not accurate. We've not yet scheduled anything for next year," Michael Anton, a spokesman for the National Security Council, told The Hill.
The Standard also reported that U.S. and British officials are expected to plan for a full state visit for Trump sometime in the future.
British Prime Minister Theresa May stirred up anger in Parliament when she earlier this year tried to arrange a state visit for Trump in the summer. Her announcement was met with threats of massive protests, and the speaker of the House of Commons insisted he would bar Trump from addressing Parliament.
© 2026 Newsmax. All rights reserved.