It is easy to identify mistakes after the fact, but the first original sin of the deadly U.S. coronavirus problem was the resistance to the president’s travel protections.
Here is chronological data showing the Democrats' resistance to Trump’s early coronavirus protections and orders.
The moral of the story is that if the Jan. 31, 2020 emergency declaration and travel restrictions had been obeyed and government stockpiles had been maintained from previous administrations, millions of lives would have been spared from the carnage of this disease.
In spite of vast scientific evidence that shows travel restrictions slow the spread of killer diseases and “buy valuable time” so that thousands if not millions can survive a pandemic where treatments can be found, there are still many progressives and Democrats who think that travel restrictions or scientific quarantines don’t help or don’t work.
- January 22: Financial articles at Yahoo and other media began writing about defensive stock moves to take if a global pandemic occurs.
- January 31: Trump declares early emergency. Trump has signed an order that will temporarily bar entry to the U.S. of foreign nationals believed to be a risk of transmitting the doronavirus from China, Fox 10 Phoenix reports.
- January 31: The Trump administration announces it will deny entry to foreign nationals who have traveled in China near the COVID-19 SARS outbreak. New York Times reports January decision.
- January 31: Republican Senators Cotton and Gosar come out early to demand travel restrictions from China to protect U.S. citizens, StatNews says.
- January 31: Nancy Pelosi and Democrats Fight Against Trump Travel Protection Bans, saying Trump's travel bans are outrageous and unamerican, the Hill reports.
- January 31: NPR reports "Trump Administration Issues Drastic Travel Restrictions." The action means that U.S. citizens who have been in China's Hubei Province in the past 14 days will be subject to 14 days of mandatory ...
- February 1: China slams Trump's coronavirus Chinese travel limits: "Not a gesture of goodwill," Fox News reports.
- February 1: The Hill reports that Joe Biden slams Trump's response to coronavirus epidemic: This is no time for "fearmongering" Biden says. “This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia - hysterical xenophobia - and fearmongering to lead the way instead of science.”
- February 3: China accuses the U.S. government of inappropriately reacting to the outbreak and spreading fear by enforcing travel restrictions, Fox News reports.
- February 3: ACLU contends "Trump Is Expanding His Racist Travel Restrictions and Protections," FreeSpeech reports.
- February 5: The New York Times reports: "The coronavirus travel ban is unjust and doesn't work anyway Who Says It's Not Safe to Travel to China?"
- February 7: China coronavirus death toll rises to 722 with 34,546 cases, reports say
- February 7: CNN Disagrees With Trump's Early Proactive CoronaVirus Protective Orders.
- February 12: New York Times reports "Coronavirus Tests Not Effective."
- February 29: PJ Media reports: "Trump's Decisive Actions Helped Save Untold Lives During Early Coronavirus Epidemic, Experts Admit."
- March 13: CNS News reports: :Democrats Suspend Their Attempt to Limit President's Travel Restrictions ... House Democrat leaders on Thursday withdrew from the calendar a floor vote on a bill targeting President Trump's early protection travel restrictions."
- March 15: HealthLine and RCL report: Coronavirus Causes Shortness of Breath, The Flu Does Not, The Non Working Test Kits are providing false positives and negatives.
- March 20: WORLDWIDE INFECTED 274,413, DEATHS 11,357, according to www.worldometers.info
- March 20: United States Coronavirus: 18,876 Cases and 237 Deaths
- March 20: CNBC reports: "$7 Trillion in Retirement Savings Lost, Stock Market Wealth of Retirees Wiped Out by Politicians not supporting the President Protect our Nation."
- March 23: Newsradio WRVA said: "Government Discovers Obama Admin Depleted Mask Stockpile and Did Not Replenish."
- March 26: 79,082 cases and 1,143 Deaths in the U.S., Worldometers reports.
The travel restrictions and quarantines implemented by the president on Jan. 31, 2020, bought the U.S. enough time to prevent hospital overload, find treatments, and begin vaccine trials. In the end, instead of losing 14,000 Americans like President Barack Obama did with the swine flu, there will be much less mortality and death of: the disabled, immune compromised women and men, the elderly and children this time.
Overall, Trump’s opposition has been overly accustomed to robotic style resistance. When the public needed protection, Trump’s opposition filed lawsuits and bills to prevent a president from protecting the elderly, women and children from a deadly disease. This chronology exposes the resistance politicians who did not care about unfettered entry of the coronavirus COVID-19 SARS into the United States.
By fighting Trump at every step of the early stages of coronavirus protective actions, the progressive “anti-Trump” politicians and the liberal media have created a problem that allowed thousands to get sick, thousands died, and trillions of retirement savings were lost.
George Mentz JD MBA CWM Chartered Wealth Manager ® is a licensed attorney and CEO of GAFM ® global education, which is an ISO 29990 Certified professional development company operating in over 50 nations. Mentz is an award-winning author and advisory board member to several companies around the world in education, charities, and crypto currency.
© 2021 Newsmax Finance. All rights reserved.