Priebus: Americans Want Shorter Presidential Campaign

By    |   Thursday, 31 March 2011 12:37 PM EDT ET

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus understands the desire of Republican voters for a shorter presidential campaign. That’s why most potential GOP candidates are waiting to formally announce their bids, he says, according to The Hill.

Tim Pawlenty (AP photo)
Tim Pawlenty, the former governor of Minnesota, is the only one to officially announce his campaign so far. "I think people are taking their time," Priebus said in a Web interview with NBC News. "I think people are taking their time because the American people are looking for a shorter cycle this time around."

For the 2008 campaign, some candidates entered the race as early as late 2006. That was "maybe the case of not the best pre-primary season," Priebus said. “I think the media cycle's very fast. You can do a lot more in less time."


© 2026 Newsmax. All rights reserved.


Politics
Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus understands the desire of Republican voters for a shorter presidential campaign. That s why most potential GOP candidates are waiting to formally announce their bids, he says, according to The Hill.
Priebus,shorter,campaigns,Pawlenty,presidential,2012
138
2011-37-31
Thursday, 31 March 2011 12:37 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.

View on Newsmax