Left-wing filmmaker Michael Moore sparked controversy recently when he called snipers "cowards" — but that's far from the only outrageous statement Moore has made.
Moore took a potshot at the acclaim for Clint Eastwood's movie "American Sniper," tweeting: "My uncle killed by sniper in WW2. We were taught snipers were cowards. Will shoot u in the back. Snipers aren't heroes. And invaders r worse."
Here are a dozen other outrageous statements from the documentary moviemaker:
1. "White people scare the crap out of me."
2. "I don't 'support the troops' or any of those other hollow and hypocritical platitudes uttered by Republicans and frightened Democrats."
3. "Capitalism is against the things that we say we believe in — democracy, freedom of choice, fairness."
4. "We as Americans believe it's OK to kill people."
5. "The products built in the factories of GM, Ford, and Chrysler are some of the greatest weapons of mass destruction responsible for global warming and the melting of our polar icecaps."
6. "Capitalism and democracy are the opposite of each other."
7. "There's a gullible side to the American people. They can be easily misled."
8. "It turns out Cuba has this incredible healthcare system for a very poor country."
9. "Diets are a scam."
10. "I like America to some extent."
11. "Here's a way to stop suicide bombings: Give the Palestinians a bunch of missile-firing Apache helicopters and let them and the Israelis go at each other head to head."
12. "How about that McDonald's two blocks from Ground Zero? That's killed more people than the 19 hijackers."
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.