The new gun law in Georgia, dubbed the “guns everywhere” law by critics, has created heated debate. The measure permits residents to carry weapons anywhere, including schools, airports, churches, and government buildings.
Both supporters and opponents have been intensely outspoken on the issue. Here are five quotes on the issue:
ALERT: Should Obama Have More Control Over Guns? Vote Now
• The National Rifle Association called the guns everywhere law "the most comprehensive pro-gun reform legislation introduced in recent history.
• GeorgiaCarry.org Executive Director Jerry Henry said the law would "restore our right to carry and be allowed to protect ourselves anywhere we go."
• “The insane ideology of most gun supporters is that having more guns will solve the problem of crime. In fact, it’s the opposite. For instance, the U.K. has strict gun laws which makes it highly unlikely that an individual will die from a violent crime. According to the Institute for Economics and Peace, guns are used in 1 in 13 homicides in the U.K. On the other hand, guns are used in 2 out of 3 homicides in the U.S,” writes A.J. Shaw in a Rolling Out opinion column
• Lucia McBath, national spokeswoman for Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, called the new law "a very, very dangerous kill bill."
• "The last thing we need is more firearms in public places, especially in those places frequented by children and the vulnerable. I do not want to suggest restricting firearms in places where they are needed, to protect one’s home and property or to defend the public by officials who are entrusted with our protection. Yet this new legislation de facto makes firearms more available in places where they may allow violence to escalate" wrote Archbishop Wilton Gregory in a church bulletin, according to WBS-TV
URGENT: Do You Support President Obama’s Plans for Stricter Gun Control? Vote Now
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.