Every 33 seconds an immigrant is added to the United States' population, according to the Census Bureau.
The government figures do not differentiate between legal or illegal immigrants.
Overall, the Census Bureau projects today's U.S. population to stand at 324,322,301 — an increase of 15,576,763 people since Census Day on April 1, 2010.
Here are key numbers provided by the Census Bureau:
- One birth is expected in the U.S. every 8 seconds.
- One person will die in the U.S. every 11 seconds.
- The combination of births, deaths, and net international migration will increase the U.S. population by one person every 17 seconds.
- The U.S. ranks third in the top 10 most populous countries behind China (1,379,303,771), and India (1,281,935,911).
- California is the most populous state (39,250,017), followed by Texas (27,862,596), Florida (20,612.439), and New York (19,745,289).
© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.