Heartthrob Justin Bieber will share the stage with the likes of TinTin, the Muppets, and Mr. Popper, among others, when Movieguide announces the top movie for families at the 20th Annual Faith & Values Awards Gala Feb. 10 in Los Angeles.
Dean Cain, known most notably for playing Superman for four seasons in the TV series “Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman,” will host the gala.
Bieber's nomination comes for the film "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never."
Story continues below the video.
Family and child advocate Ted Baehr, founder and publisher of Movieguide, announced the Bieber biopic, as well as the following nominees, as the Ten Best 2011 Movies for Families to be honored at the event:
- “The Adventures of Tin Tin”
- “Cars 2”
- “Justin Bieber: Never Say Never”
- “Mars Needs Moms”
- “Mr. Popper’s Penguins”
- “The Muppets”
- “Puss in Boots”
- “Soul Surfer”
Other movies, television programs, and people being honored Feb. 10 include the Ten Best 2011 Movies for Mature Audiences, the Most Inspiring Movie and TV Program of 2011, the Most Inspiring Performances in Movies and TV in 2011, the $50,000 Kairos Prizes for the Most Spiritually Uplifting Screenplay by Beginning Writers, and the Best Movie and TV Program in 2011 Promoting Positive American Values.
Among the movies Baehr announced as nominees for the Best 2011 Movie for Mature Audiences is “The Artist,” fresh off of its win at the Golden Globes last weekend. The Weinstein Co. is the major distributor for the silent film.
Also nominated in that category, and their distributors, are:
- “Captain America: The First Avenger” — Paramount Pictures
- “Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close” — Warner Bros. Pictures
- “Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol” — Paramount Pictures
- “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” — Walt Disney Co.
- “Sarah’s Key” — The Weinstein Co.
- “Seven Days in Utopia” — Visio Entertainment
- “Thor” — Paramount Pictures
- “The Tree of Life” — Fox Searchlight
- “The Way” — Producers Distribution Agency
is a publication of Good News Communications Inc. and the Christian Film & Television Commission ministry. It is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to “redeeming the values of the entertainment industry by influencing industry executives and by informing and equipping the public about the influence of the entertainment media.”
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.