Login or Register
Welcome , Settings |  Logout

Boston Mayor Menino Doesn't Want Bomb Suspect Buried in City

Tuesday, 07 May 2013 08:00 PM

 

Share:
More . . .
A    A   |
   Email Us   |
   Print   |

An aide to Boston Mayor Thomas Menino says the mayor does not want marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev  buried in Boston and calls the decision "a family issue."

The aide said Tuesday Menino believes the body should be sent back to Russia, where his parents live. Menino believes it wouldn't be appropriate for the burial to be in Boston.

The 26-year-old, a resident of Cambridge, was killed in a police shootout days after the April 15 bombings that killed three people and injured more than 260. His brother remains imprisoned on charges in the case.

Worcester funeral home director Peter Stefan says more than 100 people in the U.S. and Canada have offered burial plots for the body, but officials in those cities and towns have said no.

© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Share:
More . . .
   Email Us   |
   Print   |
Around the Web
Join the Newsmax community.
Register to share your comments with the community. Already a member? Login
Note: Comments from readers do not necessarily reflect the viewpoint of Newsmax Media. While we attempt to review comments, if you see an inappropriate comment you can block it by rolling over the comment, clicking the down arrow and selecting "Flag As Inappropriate."
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Email:
Country
Zip Code:
 
Hot Topics
Top Stories
Around the Web
You May Also Like

Outrage Over Boston Bomb Suspect Burial in Virginia Cemetery

Friday, 10 May 2013 20:35 PM

Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev has been buried in a cemetery in central Virginia, infuriating some me . . .

Two Accused Terrorists Among Media Museum's Honorees

Saturday, 11 May 2013 12:35 PM

The Newseum, a Washington, D.C. institution that recognizes journalists and publications worldwide, plans to include two . . .

Longest Held Cleveland Captive Out of Hospital, in Seclusion

Saturday, 11 May 2013 12:15 PM

Michelle Knight, freed earlier this week as the longest held of four captives in a dungeon-like Cleveland house, has bee . . .

 
 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved