Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton heads a top-10 "Islamic Money in Politics" list of campaign contributions for 2015-16, the Middle East Forum announced Thursday.
Clinton took in $41,165, including $19,249 from senior officials of the Muslim advocacy group, Council on American-Islamic Relations, the forum reported.
Green Party nominee Jill Stein, who accepted a $250 contribution, is the only other active 2016 presidential candidate on the list. Former Democratic presidential primary candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders accepted $9,285, the fourth most among the top 10, the forum reported.
The complete top 10 of recipients:
- Clinton, $41,165
- Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn., who accepted $17,370
- Rep. Andre Carson, D-Ind., who accepted $13,225
- Sanders, $9,285
- Pramila Jayapal, a Democratic candidate for a House seat from Washington, $6,957
- Former Rep. Chaka Fattah, D-Pa., $3,500
- Dwight Evan, a Democratic candidate for a House seat from Pennsylvania, $3,500
- Rep. Donna Fern Edwards, D-Maryland, $2,900
- Democratic Rep. Gerald Connolly, D-Va., $2,850
- Rep. L. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill., $2,835
© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.