Napolitano: Body Scanners Will Continue

Monday, 27 Dec 2010 09:45 AM

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
|  A   A  
  Copy Shortlink
Invasive airport security measures such as searches and body scanners will continue for the “foreseeable future,” said Homeland Security head Janet Napolitano. Politico said that Napolitano, in an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union” show, also said that security has improved greatly since the failed bombing attempt on an international flight headed to Detroit on Christmas last year.

nepolitano, body, scanners, airportPolitico reported her as saying, "We're always looking to improve systems and so forth. But the new technology, the pat downs, is just objectively safer for our traveling public." When asked about changing current security measures, Napolitano said, "Not for the foreseeable future."

Napolitano maintained that the aviation security situation is better than a year ago and suggested new methods are working as a deterrent. "What we know is that you can't measure the devices that we are deterring from going on a plane," she said according to Politico.



© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Share:
  Comment  |
   Contact Us  |
  Print  
  Copy Shortlink
Around the Web
Join the Newsmax Community
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
>> Register to share your comments with the community.
>> Login if you are already a member.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Email:
Country
Zip Code:
Privacy: We never share your email.
 
Hot Topics
Follow Newsmax
Like us
on Facebook
Follow us
on Twitter
Add us
on Google Plus
Around the Web
Top Stories
You May Also Like

Trump Blames Obama for NYC Ebola

Friday, 24 Oct 2014 08:10 AM

Outspoken billionaire Donald Trump, who for weeks has been ranting about what he characterizes as the Obama administrati . . .

NYC Races to Trace Ebola Patient's Steps

Friday, 24 Oct 2014 08:05 AM

New York City health officials are racing to trace people who may have had contact with Ebola patient Dr. Craig Spencer, . . .

Bo Dietl: Stop-and-Frisk Would Have Averted Hatchet Attack

Friday, 24 Oct 2014 06:44 AM

Former New York Police detective Bo Dietl says the ending of the department's stop-and-frisk policy is partly to blame f . . .

Most Commented

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

 
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
©  Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved